I hope you like it...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

#SELFIES in my Pants

This would be my first post in this new blog. I thought of the topic #SELFIES
I dunno, I just feel like writing an article about this trending topic. 
Selfies are done by the use of a camera and your own hands or some stick (w/c i don't really know what it's called). With these things, you capture yourself either just your face or up to your full body pose in the mirror. 
Each person has their own point of view on this. Most people who advocates outside-world learning or any psychologist etc.. views that doing a selfy is a form of narcissism. The person is in love with thyself. 
I agree to that view. I mean, why would you take a photo of yourself with full cutie pose or any pose that you think looks good on you and post it in social network and get likes (sometimes not coz of your looks but coz you're so friendly) and now you think you're so pretty and get self confidence from it...

Well that's just one view. I'm not saying it is my view, but I agree with that.
But to tell you my view, I think Selfies aren't really bad. Everything that is bad depends on yourself. Don't blame it on Mr. Selfy. 
Selfy is an act of expression, but it doesn't entirely mean you're in love with yourself. 

MONA LISA AND SELFY
.... wait, what??
I think most people who does selfies wanted to be appreciated. I mean who hates the feeling of being accepted in the society? No one. Everyone likes being liked. It's human nature. 


Relating this to my personal experience, when I see a selfy by one of my friends in facebook, let's name this person Sally, I click the "like" button. Why did I do this? Maybe because she is my dear friend and I want to show my appreciation of her work of art that she did to her face, or maybe she looks really awesome on that pic and she deserves my like. I dunno for sure but most of the time I do the 1st option. 
If that's the reason for me to like that selfy, then the effect would be obviously, what the poster wanted to feel. With this, if I wanted to make her feel appreciated... it would mean it's what she's wanting to feel. 

That's why I conclude that people does selfy to feel appreciated.

I analyze stuff mostly out of cause and effect. That's why I came up with this analysis about selfies. I do selfies but not because I love myself so much I want people to notice me. I do selfies out of identification. So that people can identify my looks (that's why I don't do cutie poses coz it would deviate from my purpose of self identification).
to be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment